The following noteable changes found their way into AtarICQ 0.176
1) Discovered that aICQ would get in trouble when loading a contact list containing contacts with nicknames containing commas.
This is now fixed by modifying the format of the config file. If your ataricq.inf was created by any version previous to 0.176
you thus need to patch it! (A patching tool is supplied with this release, in /cnfpatch. Use it at your own risc)
2) There was a problem with handling timed out extended user info requests, now fixed.
3) Temporary files with info on unread messages will now be saved to correct folder ($home instead of logpath)
Also changed the filename from unread.log to unread.icq since it is now stored in $home folder, and should be easily detectable
4) Loading/parsing of the server side contact data might work better, reducing the amount of user info requests sent to server under some circumstances when starting aICQ from scratch
5) Handling of the scrollback buffer was bugged if set high enough to result in buffer sizes beyond what can be expressed by an INT.
6) Internal memory management now keeps accurate track of the amount of free memory slots (this was bugged) and specifies if a MALLOC fails due to shortage of slots.
Also bumped the number of virtual memory slots from 240 to 340, since some ppl might have huuuuge contact lists! ;)
To make things as fail proof as possible: If we run out of virtual memory slots, the program now falls back on using m(x)alloc directly instead
7) When refreshing ones own data in the "Edit user info" window, there was a non-present object number passed on to OBJC_OFFSET(), leading to potential freeze or crash.
8) aicq.ovl returned some garbage chars at the end of incoming messages when those contained umlautes - should be ok now. Thanks Deun!
9) Writing characters that needed [ALT] + [KEY] combos wasn't possible in the message text input box. Should be fixed now.
10) Shortcuts ALT+X and ALT+H was broken for the contact list window
11) The server side list appears to accept really long nicknames so the aICQ code can cope with that too now (RSC might need further tweaking to allow entering long local nicknames though)
12) Added somewhat clever truncating of nicknames in contact list as well in the tabs in msg window
13) New "hidden" setting, to customize the max width of a tab in the msg window. By using eg. Qed you can tweak this new line in ataricq.inf: max_tab_width= (default is 99)
14) The "Free for chat" status is bugged on server - once enabled, it can't be disabled without logging out / logging in. Other clients have "fixed" this by simply removing
this online status as an option, so that is what I have done as well: Free for chat is no longer available in the connection popup.
15) When our status changes on the icq server, there have been times when server ACKs leaves out the actual new status mode. If that happens, aICQ will assume status = 0 (online).
16) Seems the code for generating img cache files was bugged somewhere along the way - hopefully sorted full now (in the nick of time for this surprise release!)